Where Does Argan Oil Come From?
Argan trees grow and tenaciously survive in semi-desert areas of the Mediterranean. The deep roots and small leaves of the argan tree allow it to resist winds and water loss, resulting in a nut with a unique oil profile.
Pure argan oil is a rare and precious oil that is harvested and extracted from the nut of the argan tree. For centuries, women across the Mediterranean have used argan oil in their beauty regimen for vibrant, healthy-looking skin and hair.
Moroccanoil only sources the highest quality argan oil originating from argan trees grown in their native region. The argan oil used in all our hair products and skin products is manufactured by a cold-press process.
Why Use Argan Oil?
Thanks to a uniquely high concentration of antioxidants,
tocopherols (Vitamin E), and essential fatty acids such as oleic acid and linoleic acid, argan oil has multiple nourishing benefits for hair and skin.
Our argan oil-infused products make it simple and luxurious to harness these glow-boosting properties and make them part of your daily routine.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of argan oil for hair?
Shine is just the start. Studies have suggested that argan
oil and/or hair products containing argan oil may help:
• Protect hair from breakage during heat styling [source]
• Reduce the formation of split ends [source]
• Protect hair against oxidative damage [source]
• Decrease damage caused to hair during the color process [source]
What are the benefits of argan oil for skin?
Argan oil has long been used to help provide hydration and
nourishment to all skin types, and science has begun to back its potential benefits. Studies have suggested that topical application of argan oil to skin may help:
• Increase skin’s elasticity, particularly after menopause [source]
• Improve skin hydration by restoring the barrier function [source]
• Regulate sebum production to reduce oily skin [source]